Human MGMT Gene Methylation Detection Kit
Real Time PCR
CE-IVD Certificate no.：No.MDD-SZ-XWA1-180523
Only for scientific research use in China
Chemotherapy and Personalized Treatment
The methylated-DNA-protein cysteine methyltransferase (called MGMT protein), is a DNA repair enzyme that is involved in cellular defense against the biological effects of O6-methylguaine(O6-MeG) and O4-methylethymine (O4-MeT) in DNA. Repairs the methylatednucleobase in NDA by transferring the methyl group to a cysteine residue in the enzyme. The increased expression of MGMT is considered to be associated with drug resistance.
Due to its repair against alkylating agent lesions, MGMT plays an important role in tumor chemotherapy. First, it can protect the normal tissues from the alkylating agent lesions and prevent tumor recurrence. Second, it is highly related to drug resistance. Therefore, the detection of MGMT express levels can be used to predict drug resistance, assess the efficacy of chemotherapy and help the patients avoid side effects.
Guidelines for Detection Technology of Tumor Individualized Therapy states that only patientswith silenced MGMT harbouring methylation at promoter can benefit from temozolomide treatment. Patients with increased methylation of the MGMT gene will be more sensitive to temozolomide treatment.
• Predict the efficacy of temozolomide or other chemotherapeutic treatments.
• Assist clinicians to select suitable treatments.
• This kit is applicable for the patients with glioblastoma who will be treated with chemotherapy.
• The detection of MGMT methylation can be used to predict the efficacy of temozolomide or other chemotherapeutic treatments, thus,help the clinicians to select suitable treatments.
• Patients with MGMT methylation positive will be more sensitive to temozolomide.
Accuracy and Reliability: Detection with closed tubes. Require no special treatment of the products.
High Sensitivity: Accurate detection of single copies of mutated DNA samples as little as10ng genome.
Easy operation: One-step operation. 90 minutes of the whole process.
Good Reproducibility: Can be performed in the general PCR Labs. Results with good reproducibility can be easily obtained without special training.
Advanced Technology: R&D based on independent patented PAP-ARMS® technology.